Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I feel pretty!

Due to my incumbent association with public transport that has evolved this year I have witnessed some weird and quirky things which would make any normal person's brain tick but when it comes to my overly-stimulated mind it literally sends me crazy. I tend to be that person who is often found smiling to herself or in some special cases laughing or in extreme cases unknowingly mouthing a conversation to herself that is going on in her head. Here you are most definitely thinking wow she is crazy and to a certain extent I don't blame you. Today was one of those special types of days. Being the coldest day in Sydney for a long time, I had no complaints upon stepping on board my refuge Hornsby bound train yet it wasn't until I was sat down and started to unravel my multiple layers given the extreme stuffiness of the train's cabin that I saw my victim. This man would have been in his early twenties and of Korean/Japanese heritage. He casually pulled out his iphone and kept bringing it closer and closer to his face. Here I am, obviously intrigued as to what he is doing as this is the point where I am usually pressing the centre button and swiping furiously to unlock my phone yet he just keeps bringing the phone closer. Some people may not have any problem with this whatsoever but it wasn't until he started fixing his fringe and patting his hair when I realised that what he was doing was utilising his iphone as a mirror. I don't think I would be forgiven for bursting out laughing at this point...and luckily for me I refrained from doing so. It wasn't until this action repeated itself for the continuous 20 minute period that I really felt I could not contain myself any longer and little did I know I let a laugh that resembled a snort escape me. As you would guess I did receive looks I probably deserved but still I was just simply so shocked about how narcissistic people can be! I genuinely thought looking at your reflection in the train as it is pulling into the station was bad or even staring at yourself in the window when the train is going through a tunnel...but checking yourself out on your iPhone? 
I really hope it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment