Sunday, March 6, 2011

welcome bienvenue benvenuto wilkommen

After not having picked up a pen or attacked a keyboard for fourteen months with a creative blend of my thoughts I decided what better way to initiate my welcome back into the educated world with creating my own blog. With absolutely no expectations, and to be quite frank no clue as to what I am doing (what is a blog anyway these days!) I am entering into the unknown territory to broaden my new media usage. I am however hoping this will become a more enjoyable past time as opposed to an enforced one (of which - I will be honest - it feels like at the moment.) 
Up until last week I had not thought about the connections between my generation and the media to the depth that was explained to us in a lecture on Media Culture and Everyday Life. Stemming from the 'Facebook' generation I can safely say I would check my Facebook perhaps on average 30 times a day which is on paper simply ridiculous. I could almost assume I know everything about it yet when the foreboding word 'blog' was mentioned the fear of the unknown crept in towards me and I decided instead of letting it get the better of me (something similar to what happened with the internet and our parents) I decided to check it out. I have been pretty amazed by my findings over such a short space of time...
So join me in my little initiation to the blogger world as I create me own little e-path...full of little e-luxuries!
As of yet I don't have a strict focus of my little blog but I am assuming one will present itself at a later date.

And no I am not obsessed with the letter E it just essentially represents to me how I was amazed with just how big a part electronics and all the little bits that come with it play a part in our lives. From blogs, social networks, marketplaces - my world and I am sure your world too is turning virtual and we are constantly being e-mazed.


No comments:

Post a Comment